From The Guardian, via Twitter, among others ...
- February 28 is the 100th anniversary of Henry James' death
- March 28 is the 75th anniversary of Virginia Woolf's death
- April 10 is the 50th anniversary of Evelyn Waugh's death
- April 21 is the bicentennial of Charlotte Bronte's birth
- April 23 is (possibly) the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death
- June 16 is the 100th anniversary of a gathering, and a dream, that led Mary Shelley to write Frankenstein
- July 28 is the 150th anniversary of Beatrix Potter's birth
- December 17 is the 100th anniversary of Penelope Fitzgerald's birth.
It's possible that every year has this many milestones, but this list struck me as amazing.