January 30, 2016

Perfect for today...




I want to get up early one more morning,
before sunrise. Before the birds, even.
I want to throw cold water on my face
and be at my work table
when the sky lightens and smoke
begins to rise from the chimneys
of the other houses. …
I want to spend the day watching this happen
and reach my own conclusions.
I hate to seem greedy—have so much
to be thankful for already.
But I want to get up early one more morning, at least.
And go to my place with some coffee and wait.
Just wait, to see what’s going to happen.
from 'At Least," by Raymond Carver

{From this morning's The Writer's Almanac.  How did they know?}

{And that little table. From Pinterest. Yearning for it. :)}



4 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

Oh I like that!

JaneGS said...

It's much easier to do this in the winter than the summer... :)

I like the poem, though, and the sentiment.

JoAnn said...

I like that, too!! Definitely much easier in the winter, as Jane said.

Bellezza said...

Is yearning the word? I think just one of the many, including the exclamation of joy I saw when I opened your blog. Wow! I would love to live there, in that clean white simple space. You made my day. xoxo