July 12, 2015

'I am about to tell you...'



...the most astonishing thing, the most surprising, the most marvelous, the most miraculous, the most triumphant, the most bewildering, the most unheard-of, the most singular, the most extraordinary, the most incredible, the most unforeseen, the greatest,the smallest, the most rare, the most common, the most dazzling, the most secret until today, the most brilliant, the most enviable; in short, a thing whose parallel is only to be found in bygone centuries; and even this comparison is not exact, a thing which we cannot believe in Paris...a thing which will make everyone exclaim Merciful Heavens! ... a thing, finally, which will take place on Sunday, when those who witness it will think their eyes have tricked them; a thing which will take place on Sunday and which will perhaps not have taken place on Monday; I cannot bring myself to give it away.

I'm just very happy with what I'm reading next for Paris in July. More soon.

If you cry out, if you are beside yourselves, if you accuse us of having fabricated this story, of having made it up, if you call it a lie, if you feel you are being made fools of, if you conclude that it's all a big joke, impossible to imagine, if, at last, you insult us, we will feel that you have reason to; we had the same reaction when it was told to us.
:)



6 comments:

Paulita said...

Hmmm. Very garrulous. I'm featuring a book set in France on my blog too. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Lisa said...

Well, I have no idea :)

Cosy Books said...

Well, now that's a sales job! Glad you're excited, Audrey!

Jane @ Beyond Eden Rock said...

I'm on the edge of my seat ....

Terra said...

You got my attention. I recently read two books set in Paris: Murder on the Eiffel Tower and The Paris Wife. I enjoyed each of them.

Tamara said...

This truly is a tease.... but intriguing.