July 29, 2015

Because something read by chance can just make your day...


... we are missing Home Fires* on television very much and can’t wait for it to return.  There is a curious Persephone link: one of the characters is played by Leanne Best and her sister Sarah a) lives very near the shop b) is co-producer on the proposed televising of Miss Buncle’s Book (which is far from being definite but on the other hand there is a very good chance it will happen)...  


{*On PBS here this fall, so that's two good things.}


8 comments:

Go Book Yourself said...

I loved homefires too this is great news!

Terra said...

Oh dear, what is Home Fires? The photo makes it look appealing. Perhaps public tv in the USA will pick it up so I can see it. Miss Buncie's Book is on my wish list to read and how fun to think it may become a tv show.

Anbolyn said...

Thank you for the news about Home Fires! As I read the Persephone Letter I dearly hoped that it would make it across the pond.

Jane @ Beyond Eden Rock said...

I read a (lesser) D E Stevenson novel last week, and was thinking that it would work much better as television. Serendipity indeed!

Karen K. said...

This looks like EXACTLY the sort of thing I would love! I missed this in the Persephone Post. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Cosy Books said...

Home Fires is fabulous so we're thrilled about another season! You're in for such a treat, Audrey.

Sunday Taylor said...

I hope we get "Home Fires" in the U.S. It sounds exactly like the kind of show I would love. Right now I am happily engrossed by the series "Lark Rise to Candleford." Just love it!

JoAnn said...

I think I would love Home Fires! Fingers crossed we get it here.