August 2, 2014

Finally!




{Updated}

The new Virago editions of Angela Thirkell's books are finally becoming available here! High Rising arrived today, Christmas at High Rising is supposed to arrive next week {I say supposed to, because I ordered it in time to read it last Christmas, and although they tried and tried and looked and looked and emailed and emailed, Amazon was unable to find it. Uh huh. :) }, and Pomfret Towers and Wild Strawberries are due next March.  {Update:  I just realized that my image of C. a. H. R.  is backwards. Maybe that's why Amazon suddenly can't find it. Again.} I can wait... I already have a motley collection of all her books {I was, for once, an early adopter} but I love the covers and the fact that her books are reappearing and I can read them with you.

I re-read High Rising not too long ago {but longer ago that I thought}, but there's an introduction by the beloved AMS in the new edition to read before it goes on the shelf with the Angelas. I'm up to Wild Strawberries if I read them in order starting over, {but I would read my old copy, because I wouldn't want to wait}.  But as Fleur just reminded us, there is August Folly, and it is August, and it's one of the ones I found on Audible... 

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Hurray! High Rising made me a Thirkell fan and I have an old copy of Wild Strawberries here (thanks to Lisa at TBR 313). I will, of course, need a copy of Christmas at High Rising before the season.

fleurfisher said...

Hooray!!!

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

Yay!

Cosy Books said...

Gorgeous cover art! Glad the wait is over.

Frances said...

Thirkell is an author I keep meaning to read. And these editions are lovely. Thanks for the heads up. Enjoy!

Lisa said...

I also have a mismatched and sometimes tattered collection. I was lucky, when I first became obsessed, you could still find her books in stores - and the Moyer Bell editions were actually edited. I've been resisting the new Viragos just because I don't have room. I do love the covers though.