The act of reading ... begins on a flat surface, counter or page, and then gets stirred and chopped and blended until what we make, in the end, is a dish, or story, all our own. -- Adam Gopnik



December 12, 2012

Anticipation {favorite formerly? local author who reads at my favorite bookstore edition}



{April}

Have you read her?  Or did you follow her poetic tweets {@elinorlipman} during/after the election? Here's a bookish one:

I knew a general in the mood/I wrote his bio in the nude/
We fell in love. I sent him mail/That FBI's a tattletale.

Thank you to Jill @breakingspine for letting me know about this new book.


3 comments:

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

I have read her! I read The Family Man a couple of years ago and loved it. I just looked this one up and it sounds excellent.

That poem/tweet made me laugh - an excellent way to start my day!

JoAnn said...

Thomas (My Porch) keeps raving about Elinor Lipman, and I've been meaning to read her for years. Now that I know you are a fan, too, she is a must read for 2013!

Lisa May said...

I love Then She Found Me best of all her books. I also have The Inn at Lake Devine and The Way Men Act on my shelves - the latter I read when I get nostalgic for western Mass.