-- But you will be ready to say, what was your hope in doing this? -- What did you look forward to? -- To any thing, every thing -- to time, chance, circumstances, slow effects, sudden bursts, perseverance and weariness ... Every possibility of good was before me, and the first of blessings secured. {Jane Austen, Emma}



December 16, 2012

Another celebration in 2013



Thanks to Austenonly {and Twitter}, I've just learned that the first edition of Pride and Prejudice was published in January 1813, and there's going to be a party.   I did say I was longing to read all of the novels again ...

3 comments:

Lisa May said...

Reading Persuasion again definitely left me in an Austen mood!

FleurFisher said...

I am so tempted, and aren;t events like this a lovely reminder that the world is full of bibliophiles?!

JoAnn said...

It's high time for me to read Pride and Prejudice again, too!