-- But you will be ready to say, what was your hope in doing this? -- What did you look forward to? -- To any thing, every thing -- to time, chance, circumstances, slow effects, sudden bursts, perseverance and weariness ... Every possibility of good was before me, and the first of blessings secured. {Jane Austen, Emma}



November 18, 2012

My Day in Books



I began the day by Consider[ing] the Fork
before breakfasting on A Bitter Truth
and admiring The Anatomist’s Apprentice
On my way to work I saw George Eliot in Love
and walked by The Invisible Woman
to avoid Footsteps in the Dark
but I made sure to stop at Greenery Street
In the office, my boss said, Started Early, Took My Dog
and sent me to research The Forgotten Affairs of Youth
At lunch with Catherine the Great
I noticed Miss Elizabeth Bennet
in  The House I  Loved
greatly enjoying A Rather Lovely Inheritance
Then on the journey home, I contemplated The Tower, the Zoo and the Tortoise
because I have A Question of Identity
and am drawn to Abdication
Settling down for the evening in The Solitary House
I studied The Confession
by The Optimist’s Daughter
before saying goodnight to My Dear Governess
Sunday night bookish fun from Karen, via Claire. Painting {Girl Reading, by Finnish artist Helene Schjerfbeck (1862-1946)} found here.

2 comments:

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

I love your "lunch" answers! This is such a fun meme.

JoAnn said...

You had quite a day ;-)