-- But you will be ready to say, what was your hope in doing this? -- What did you look forward to? -- To any thing, every thing -- to time, chance, circumstances, slow effects, sudden bursts, perseverance and weariness ... Every possibility of good was before me, and the first of blessings secured. {Jane Austen, Emma}



November 15, 2012

A little hors d'oeuvre before the feast


I am, as usual, overstocked with books to be read.  In addition to a stack of library books (I'm a power user of three libraries now, which is a good thing and a bad thing), I've had a run of new books from NetGalley {one excellent book read, and another wonderful one started this morning on the train}. And {back to the libraries} if I put books on reserve early enough, I seem to get them soon after they come out. Which is why my library stack tonight looks like this...






I think a cup of tea and a good wallow is the plan for the rest of tonight. I like to 'audition' cookbooks, when I can, before I buy them, anyway, and I'm always on the lookout for a new cookie right around now...



1 comment:

Bellezza said...

OOH! Simple Sensation Cookies is calling to me!